Moisture and heat accumulate in the bathrooms daily, providing the mould with an ideal environment to breed. Apart from negatively impacting the entire appearance by inflicting damage on floors, ceilings, walls, etc., it causes severe allergic reactions. To prevent mould growth, please implement the below-mentioned steps right now.
- As dust is the nourishment source for mould and mould spores, you must get rid of it immediately. Use a damp microfiber cloth to clean the surfaces. Start from the high and work your way down slowly.
- The professionals offering mould removal services said disinfecting the bathroom before rinsing it is mandatory. Spray an all-purpose cleaner on the bathtub, toilet, sinks, mirrors, etc. You can make your own product by mixing baking soda, liquid soap, white vinegar, and water.
- After rinsing, make sure to pat dry all the items. Paper towels are a viable option since they absorb moisture. Remember to remove any water lingering in the tub or the sink basin.
- Wash the rugs and curtain liners often, and let them air dry because they get wet each time they are used. Throw the liner in the washing machine with loads of white detergent and a little baking soda. For bathroom rugs, use a gentle cleanser and cold water.
- Do not toss the towels on the bathroom floor after using them. Doing so prevents the towels from drying properly and contributes to moisture, which encourages mould formation.
- Cautiously observe the pipes to check for leakages. Contact a plumber immediately, or fix the leaks on your own because they lead to mould and mildew when left unaddressed.
- Shampoos, conditioners, loofahs, shower gels, washcloths, etc., provide the mould with a place to hide. Wipe the said items thoroughly, and store them somewhere dry, such as inside a towel closet.
- After a shower, clean the walls in a vertical motion using a squeegee. This allows you to drain the additional water. Keeping shower walls dry eliminates moisture to a great extent.
- Apply a grout sealer to the areas between the bathroom tiles to waterproof them. If you are facing difficulty in keeping the grout mould free, consider scrubbing it with bleaching powder and a toothbrush. You can also scrape out the mould with a screwdriver.
- Install an exhaust fan to let the bathroom dry quickly after you shower or take a bath. This circulates the air evenly inside the bathroom and reduces steam production.
- Finally, dehumidifiers are an excellent choice for enabling ventilation and keeping mould at bay. They alleviate moisture in any space. Now isn’t that great?
Individuals may seek third-party assistance if the aforementioned steps seem challenging and time-consuming. Nearly all the top-notch professionals from WeClean Local and from other cleaning agencies use modern cleaning techniques to get down into the pores of the affected surface, ensuring all the mould is killed. When it comes to managing algal growth, this method is equally effective.