The mansion Linden Estate in Southampton Village went back on the market, this time for $69.95 million during a co-listing with Tim Davis of Corcoran. It had been on the market for four years until it was sold to James H. Clark, co-founder of the Netscape, and his Australian wife. However, the amount in which it was sold is still undisclosed. However, it appears that the title has never changed hands since records show that the residence is still registered under the name of the original owners Juergen Friedrich and his wife. The 18,000-square-foot home is now up for sale once more.
Tim Davis who has listed this huge mansion for $69.95 million has 40 years of experience in real estate, listing, and selling. Within these years he has made remarkable sales and is considered one of the top real estate agents in the United States. Wall Street ranked him number 4 and 6 in 2014 and 2015 consecutively. Tim sold 6 of the high-end properties on the East End. Currently, he is focusing on the Linden Estate which will make a huge Fortune for the Corcoran Group.
The 18,000 sq. feet property, Linden Estate is located at 160 Ox Pasture Road on a 10 acres field. “Very few properties will compare in terms of the area, the incredible landscaping, the huge residence, and the wide range of amenities, particularly the indoor pool house,” says Tim.
The estate’s name is derived from the trees that surround the site and was created by Olmsted, the father of architecture who also designed Central Park.
The traditional mansion has a red tile gambrel roof. It was designed by the famous architect, Grosvenor Atterbury in 1915. The magnificent art of Atterbury’s can still be seen today, with many authentic elements intact.
· There are eight wood-burning fireplaces in total, with authentic woodwork and enormous fireplaces.
· Glass doors in the lounge give a gorgeous view of the estate with its mature trees, flowering bushes, evergreen perimeters, and rose gardens.
· A grand corridor leads into the largest lounge, which has vaulted ceilings.
· The original oak walls, lined with animal skin, and hand-carved, artistic plaster ceilings can be found within the library.
· There are currently 8 bedrooms, 8 full baths, 3 half baths, as well as separate worker quarters. This totals 12 bedrooms and 12.5 bathrooms.
· Wherever a master wing is located, a magnificent spiral staircase goes upstairs.
· It has bedroom quarters, a spa, a spacious walk-in closet, and a master bathroom with mosaic tiles, a fireplace, television, and a soaking tub.
· A huge library with a huge fireplace.
· 60” x 20” indoor and outdoor swimming pools. The4 indoor pool also has a steam room along with a red waterslide.
· The kitchen has a custom-made French La Cornue stove, butler’s pantry, and cabinets.
· A carriage house, greenhouse, separate guest wing, green tennis court, and equipment house.
For more than a century, Linden Estate has been one of the most stunning residences in the Hamptons, and it is currently looking for new owners to create a new story to be narrated in the future.
Linden Estate in Southampton NY
160 Ox Pasture Road, Southampton, NY
Contact Details –
Hamptons Luxury Real Estate Market Leader
24 Main Street Southampton, NY 11968